65% Tinto Velasco 35% Syrah.
Tinto Velasco, pre-phylloxera vines 140 years old in low vines (1.100 Kg/Ha.)
Syrah, trellised vines (7.200 Kg/Ha.) over 30 years old.
Tierra de Castilla wines.
Organic wine, certified by Sohiscert (SHC).
Harvested by hand. Maceration before fermentation at 14ºC for 36 hours. Fermentation in earthenware jars for 20 days with the skins. Malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels.
12 months in new French oak barrels (Adour, Taransaud, Radoux and Ana).
Alcohol content 14,25% Vol.
Acidity 5,15g/l (Th2)
8,297 bottles in 75 cl, 145 bottles in 1.5 litres and 49 bottles in 3 litres.
Beautiful and dense intense cherry red colour with violet tones. The nose is very complex and persistent, highlighting the ripeness of the grape with aromas of black fruit (blueberries and plums), toasted, roasted coffee, mineral background (peat and charcoal), spicy (some vanilla and pepper), red caramel, wood and aromatic herbs (thyme and sandalwood), liquorice. In the mouth it is ample, powerful, full-bodied, smooth, but with perfectly integrated tannins.
Sensations of fresh and stewed fruit, cocoa, menthol, aromatic herbs. Full and persistent.
It responds to the characteristics of a great vintage: complexity, structure, intensity and elegance.
Uncork and decant one hour before serving at 16ºC.
To be enjoyed with rice with vegetables, grilled meats, game (especially rabbit, pheasant and partridge), baked cod and other low-fat fish.
– Grandes Vinos de España: “An excellent, modern and very attractive wine”. 93/100
– The Wine Advocate (March 2009): Vintage 2007, 90 points ROBERT PARKER. Vintage 2006, 92 points ROBERT PARKER.
– Asociación de periodistas del vino de España: Best Wine of Spain 2009, red category 2007-2008, vintage 2007. Best Wine of Spain 2010, red category 2007-2008, vintage 2008.
– Gilbert & Gaillard, Gold medal: “Polished tannins, beautiful corpulence and present fruit”.
– 95 points Tasted by Andreas Larsson, World’s Best Sommelier 2007. Highest score for a Spanish wine, vintage 2022.
– Peñín Guide 2022: 91 points.